Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day is here and love is in the air!  I have always loved Valentine's day.  Even though we should show our loved ones how much we care every day it is nice to have a day each year to really take the time to say I care and I love you.  It doesn't have to be a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife.........it can be a friend or other family member.  Valentine's Day has got to be one of the busiest times of the year in the confections industry and while it is fantastic to be busy, it is even more important to tell those you love them, that you care, that you appreciate them.

I am so blessed to have so many people in my life who have been supportive of me and my journey and I would love to thank each and every one of them here, but I am so afraid that I will miss someone so at the risk of hurting someones feeling unintentionally I will say you know who you are.......be it my family, friends, co-workers, teachers, or just anyone who has had an encouraging word.  Just by reading this blog you are showing your support so Thank you and I appreciate all of you!  I wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day!!

Now, on to the goodies!  For Valentine's day at Bittersweet Confections we have prepared many delicious and delectable goodies for your loved one.

Of course we have made lots of our decadent truffles and even made a few special "visiting" flavors like strawberry balsamic, and passion fruit for the holiday.  These truffles are made with 58% Swiss chocolate and natural fruit purees and flavorings.



Cheesecakes have made an appearance once again because how romantic is cheesecake!  I have to say our recipe is so delicious and creamy with a traditional graham cracker crust, some light whipped topping and a luscious berry on top.


We have some special flavors of cupcakes for the holiday as well.  We have a chocolate cupcake topped with a strawberry buttercream, a vanilla cupcake with a passion fruit buttercream icing, and a romantic chocolate raspberry cupcake.  Earlier this week we made fondant hearts for the tops of the cupcakes as decoration. 




Who doesn't love a super cute decorated sugar cookie!  We have some luscious lips and some super cute hearts for everyone.  The sugar cookies are rolled, cute and baked and then decorated with royal icing.  The outlines are piped out and then the icing is thinned and little and the outlines are filled in so the cookies come out super smooth and beautiful.


Of course there are other goodies decorated for Valentine's Day like our chocoalte gananche petite cakes, strawberries and petit fours too!





I can't wait to be back in Tallahassee for next Valentine's day to bring some of these amazing flavors to all of you back home.  I will be announcing some amazing news in the next week so be sure and check back soon! 

I leave with a wish for each of you to have a life full of love and laughter and a Happy Valentine's Day from me to you.  Life is Sweet!  Remember to always Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler!!!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment