Thursday, June 28, 2012

In the Beginning

Well, not the very beginning, but the beginning of this crazy ride.
Growing up my grandmother made wedding cakes and many other delectible delights so I like to say I was born with buttercream in my veins. 
In October of 2010 I decided I was going back to school to get a degree.  In the beginning I was going to become a paralegal because I had worked with attorneys for so many years, but my dream was to go to culinary school and become a pastry chef.  As my wise friend Jennifer told me......"If you are going to put the money and effort into it, then do something you love!"  Smart woman that Jennifer, so I listened to her and here I am. 
That November I registered with Keiser University in the Baking and Pastry program and the as they say......the rest is history.
Sadly my grandmother passed away that December, but I did get to see her and tell her all about my plans before then.  Just hearing her say she believed in me and was so proud of my decision helped me know I had made the right choice.  
and now.........through the support of many, many people (namely my parents, husband, children, family and many freinds) I am well on my way to seeing this happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment