Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mac & Tarah Wedding Fun

How fitting is it that my first wedding will be for one of the people who really encouraged my to follow my dream and is still one of my biggest cheerleaders.  My niece Tarah.....well technically she will be my niece after she and our nephew Mac get married in September, but whatever. 

Tarah and Mac have decided to have a simple southern wedding at an amazingly sweet location in Destin, FL.  Our whole family LOVES Destin so this is going to be awesome!!  Tarah decided that since she and Mac are not your run of the mill couple they will not have a run of the mill wedding cake, but a dessert bar......HOW FUN IS THAT?  We have been putting our heads together to come up with a few simple southern desserts that both of them love and will really add a touch of their southern heritage to the wedding.  Well, I think we have come up with a great selection.  Banana pudding (well duh), ambrosia, mini hand held fruit pies, strawberry shortcake (made with the family pound cake recipe), pecan tassies (sort of like a one bite pecan pie), sweet potato cupcakes with maple icing, and what we like to call Mac's favorites (it is oreo cookies, layered with peanut butter and baked inside a brownie.....wowie zowie!). 

We had a tasting the past weekend.......Mac you are lucky I love ya and left you some since you skipped out on us.  LOL  Everything was just what Tarah had in mind so needless to say I left on cloud nine.  I want this day to be so special for them and I am honored that they asked me to be a part of it.  I have posted some pics below of some of the desserts.  They ended up being taken with my phone so they arent fantastic, but maybe you will get the idea.  Picture these on a super cute table displayed on white milk glass pedastals, and with pretty little ribbons tied around the jars.

Hope you all had a fantastic 4th of July and stay tuned for more details! 






No comments:

Post a Comment